Frozen Grapefruit Margaritas are the BEST summer cocktail! Fun, frosty and refreshing! And they're perfect if you're entertaining because you can make them ahead of time. They get even slushier and better in the freezer.
My main goal when I host a get-together, is to serve the most delicious food and drink imaginable that can be made ahead of time. These Frozen Grapefruit Margaritas are exactly that.
If it's 80 plus degrees outside, as it was on Wednesday evening when I made these for a friend's birthday gathering, all the better! Hand someone a slushy grapefruit margarita on a hot night and you'll be rewarded by smiles of happiness and appreciation.
Frozen margaritas are a perfect celebratory spring/summer cocktail. I love that they can be made the day before and kept, covered in the freezer. In fact they get even better overnight, because they become super slushy. When you're ready to serve, rim the glasses, scoop in the margaritas, and enjoy!
I love warm weather entertaining, plotting delicious things to barbecue, fabulous side dishes using fresh summer produce, and great drinks! I've listed some of my favorite summer recipes below. So if your weekend BBQ menu is still undecided, maybe I can help
Here are some of my favorite festive recipes for summer parties and backyard barbecues:
APPETIZERS & SNACKS FOR THE GRILL
- Indonesian Grilled Green Beans with Lemon Aoili
- Grilled Figs with Prosciutto and Burrata
- Grilled Artichokes with Lemon Aioli
- Roasted Tomatoes and Mushrooms with Grilled Bread
- Grilled Zucchini Caprese Stacks
MAIN DISHES FOR THE GRILL
- Korean BBQ Burgers
- Mexican Spiced Grilled Chicken with Nectarine Salsa
- Grilled Turkish Kofta Kebabs
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- Yakitori Chicken
- Thai Coconut BBQ Ribs
GREAT SIDES TO GO WITH BARBECUE
- Out of this World Orzo Pasta Salad
- Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
- French Potato Salad
- Moroccan Carrot Salad
- Three Bean Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing
Here's the recipe for Frozen Grapefruit Margaritas. If you make them I hope you'll come back and leave a comment to let me know what you think.Print
Frozen Grapefruit Margaritas Recipe
A delicious refreshing frozen cocktail that you can make ahead.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4 cocktails 1x
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
For The Margaritas
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 cup white tequila (I used Espolon Tequila Blanco)
- 1 cup Cointreau (or substitute Triple Sec)
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lime juice (4 juicy limes) or bottled pure lime juice not from concentrate
- 2 cups of ice
For the Rim:
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 lime, zested and cut into wedges, divided
- Lime wedges or triangular slices of fresh grapefruit
- Make the Rim: Pulse sugar, salt and lime zest in a small food processor or spice grinder until fully blended. Spread mixture out on a small plate, making sure it's spread wider than the diameter of your glass.
- Make the Margaritas: Combine everything in a blender: grapefruit juice, tequila, cointreau, lime juice and ice. Puree until smooth. Pour into a pitcher and serve or pour into a plastic container, cover tightly and freeze until ready to serve. These are great to make ahead. They get nice and slushy if you leave them in the freezer overnight. Just stir, scoop and serve.
- To Serve: Make a little cut in a lime wedge, push it down over the rim of a glass, and run it around the perimeter to wet the edge. Press the moistened edge into the rimming mixture. Give the margaritas a good stir before serving. Pour or scoop into rimmed glasses. Garnish with lime wedges or grapefruit slices.
Keywords: Frozen grapefruit cocktail,
You might also enjoy this post: How To Section a Grapefruit