A delicious refreshing frozen cocktail that you can make ahead.
For The Margaritas
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 cup white tequila (I used Espolon Tequila Blanco)
- 1 cup Cointreau (or substitute Triple Sec)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (4 juicy limes) or bottled pure lime juice not from concentrate
- 2 cups of ice
For the Rim:
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 lime, zested and cut into wedges, divided
- Lime wedges or triangular slices of fresh grapefruit
- Make the Rim: Pulse sugar, salt and lime zest in a small food processor or spice grinder until fully blended. Spread mixture out on a small plate, making sure it's spread wider than the diameter of your glass.
- Make the Margaritas: Combine everything in a blender: grapefruit juice, tequila, cointreau, lime juice and ice. Puree until smooth. Pour into a pitcher and serve or pour into a plastic container, cover tightly and freeze until ready to serve. These are great to make ahead. They get nice and slushy if you leave them in the freezer overnight. Just stir, scoop and serve.
- To Serve: Make a little cut in a lime wedge, push it down over the rim of a glass, and run it around the perimeter to wet the edge. Press the moistened edge into the rimming mixture. Give the margaritas a good stir before serving. Pour or scoop into rimmed glasses. Garnish with lime wedges or grapefruit slices.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Frozen grapefruit cocktail,