This sautéed corn is the simplest possible side dish recipe and one of my favorites. Just three ingredients - corn, onions and scallions, sautéed in sweet butter with a little salt and pepper, and the result is pure magic. When you've had your fill of corn on the cob, give this wonderful, easy corn-off-the-cob recipe a try.
Nothing tastes more like summer than fresh corn on the cob. And there's nothing easier to prepare. Corn-off-the-cob recipes like this one take a bit more effort on the part of the cook, but are a pure luxury for the folks at the table.
How to make Sautéed Corn with Scallions
The ingredients in this recipe need very little cooking so the whole dish takes only about 15 minutes to prepare.
- You'll need: 6 ears of corn, kernels cut off the cobs, half a yellow onion, a bunch of scallions, a tablespoon of butter and some salt and pepper.
- All you have to do is: give everything a quick toss in the pan.
- Here are the steps: First chop the onion, slice the scallions and cut the corn kernels off the cob. Next melt the butter in a skillet and cook the onion for a few minutes until it's soft and translucent. Finally, add the corn and scallions to the pan and cook, tossing for 2-3 minutes until the corn is hot and slightly cooked but still crisp to the bite. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Other delicious recipes with corn off the cob
- Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
- Lemon Pasta with Summer Vegetables
- Colombian Chicken Soup
- Chopped Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
Wondering what to serve as the main with sautéed corn on the side? Almost anything goes and especially anything grilled. Try serving this with grilled Aleppo chicken thighs or chimichurri steak. Add a green salad or a tricolore salad and you've got a delicious healthy dinner that's fairly simple to throw together.
Here's the Sautéed Corn recipe. If you try this, I hope you'll come back to leave a star rating and a comment. I'd love to know what you think.Print
Sautéed Corn with Scallions
A delicious, summery, easy side dish recipe of fresh sautéed corn with scallions.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: side dish
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: American
- 6 ears of corn, kernels cut off the cobs (about 3 cups of corn kernels)
- 1 tablespoon of sweet butter
- ½ small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 5-6 scallions, ends snipped off, sliced thinly crosswise
- Kosher salt or flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Sauté the onion for a few minutes, until translucent (don't let it brown).
- Add the corn, scallions, ¼ teaspoon salt and several twists of pepper. Turn the heat up to medium and sauté, tossing and stirring, for 3 minutes or so, until the corn is lightly cooked but still crisp and juicy. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Make this with frozen corn: To make this dish with frozen corn, use 3 cups (15 ounces) of frozen corn, defrosted.
Keywords: fresh corn, sautéed corn off the cob, corn with onions and scallions