Cooking for mom on Mother’s Day is a great way to express your love and appreciation. Here are some Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes to make mom’s day extra special and delicious. Click on any image to go directly to the recipe post, or scroll down for more details.
Cooking a great meal for someone you care about is a great way to say “I love you.” I’ve chosen 20 exciting, delicious, festive recipes that are perfect for a special Mother’s Day brunch.
BEST MOTHER’S DAY BRUNCH RECIPES
BEAUTIFUL COMPOSED SALADS RECIPES FOR BRUNCH
Composed Salads are wonderful for brunch. It’s easy prep everything ahead of time and then arrange on a platter just before serving.
- Compose a Classic Salad Niçoise with tuna, fresh veggies, potatoes and olives. Arrange everything on one platter or spread it over over several bowls and platters.
- Try this spectacular Fusion Salmon Nicoise salad with Asian-marinated salmon, lentils salad, sautéed asparagus, salt and pepper potatoes, and roasted tomatoes. Everything is cooked ahead of time and served cold or at room temperature.
EXCITING BRUNCH RECIPES HOT FROM THE OVEN
- Swiss Rosti is one of the all-time best brunch recipes. A casserole of shredded potatoes, onions, ham and gruyere cheese with with eggs baked on top.
- Smoked Salmon Quesadillas are a fun departure from bagels, cream cheese and salmon. Toasted tortillas are stuffed with goat cheese, smoked salmon, lemon zest and fresh basil. Amazing!
EASY HOME-BAKED BRUNCH RECIPES
- Delicious, elegant Provençal French Onion Tarts are a cinch to make, especially if you start with pre-made pie tart shells. The filling is super simple – just onions, eggs and dijon mustard – and it’s outstanding!
- If you’re looking for something buttery, chocolaty and decadent to bake for mom, make her homemade Pain au Chocolat. It’s shockingly easy to make excellent pain au chocolate using store-bought puff pastry dough, and WOW are they delicious!
CRAZY DELICIOUS SAVORY PIES FOR BRUNCH
Two gluten-free veggie-loaded savory pies with potato crust!
- And now for something completely decadent: Potato-Crusted Cauliflower Gruyere Pie with Bacon-Parmesan Crumb Topping. Vegetarians, don’t miss out on this amazing cauliflower pie. It’s completely vegetarian except for the topping. Just omit the bacon and add extra parmesan.
- Inspired by traditional spanakopita, this Greek Spinach Pie is all cooked in one skillet. A crust of golden sautéed potatoes encases the filling of spinach, onions, garlic, eggs, herbs and feta.
GREAT BRUNCH RECIPES FROM THE GRILL
- Cauliflower Shawarma is the vegetarian approach to the irresistible, hugely popular Middle Eastern street food called shawarma. you can make this incredible vegetarian dish in your oven or on your grill. Either way you cook it, it’s likely to become a summer favorite!
- You don’t always have to work hard to make something great. If you want a quick and easy mother’s day brunch recipe, choose Grilled Figs with Prosciutto and Burrata. it takes just a few minutes to grill the figs and assemble the platter which looks and tastes spectacular!
- If you’re grilling this Mother’s Day, I bet mom would love this Asian Cabbage Salad with Grilled Chicken and Shiitake Mushrooms. Loads of crunchy nutritious cabbage, cucumbers and scallions topped with grilled marinated chicken and mushrooms and an asian sesame ginger dressing that’s to die for!
- Or serve this Mexican Spiced Grilled Chicken with Nectarine Salsa. Marinate the chicken and make the salsa ahead of time. Skewer and grill the chicken just before serving. The flavors are fabulous and the salsa is festive, springy and delicious! (Use pineapple or mango if you can’t find ripe nectarines)
BEAUTIFUL PASTA SALADS THAT ARE GREAT FOR BRUNCH
Does you mom love pasta? These are my two favorite pasta salads of all time.
- Out-of-this-World Orzo Pasta Salad is so full of flavor, made with chopped lettuces, garlic, parmesan, toasted pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes, olives and garlicky balsamic dressing. So good!
- Or choose this wonderful Lemony Pasta with Summer Vegetables. Asparagus, sugar snap peas and corn and frilly pasta, tossed in a luscious lemony sauce with parmesan cheese, basil and lots of fresh ground black pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SPECIAL CHICKEN SALADS FOR MOTHER’S DAY BRUNCH
- This curried chicken salad is tender and creamy. The exciting flavors come from the combination of warm curry spices mixed with tangy lime juice and sweet fruity chutney. Truly spectacular.
- This delicious Venezuelan avocado chicken salad gets its creaminess from mashed avocados and its vibrant latin flavors from lime juice, garlic and cilantro. A fantastic chicken salad recipe without mayo and dairy-free.
TWO DELICIOUS HEALTHY ‘BOWLS’ FOR MOTHER’S DAY BRUNCH
- This Buddha Bowl with roasted sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts is the ultimate satisfying meal – especially for those who love their food to be super nutritious as well as delicious. It’s filled with a rainbow of roasted veggies, kale, quinoa, luscious lemony dressing and delicious vegan pecan parmesan.
- This Teriyaki salmon rice bowl tender broiled salmon glazed with homemade teriyaki sauce on a bed of sushi rice, with spinach, sliced avocado and a sprinkling of toasted sesame & nori confetti. It’s one of the most popular recipes on this site – a great choice for Mother’s Day.
TWO GORGEOUS FRUITY DESSERTS FOR MOTHER’S DAY BRUNCH
- Vanilla Panna Cotta with Balsamic Strawberries is one of my all time favorite desserts. Beautiful, surprising (balsamic and black pepper) and absolutely delicious!
- This beautiful orange vanilla upside down cake is cooked in a skillet – a delicious vanilla cake made with almond flour and caramelized oranges. Perfect for Mom!
I hope you enjoy browsing through all these wonderful brunch recipes. If you end up cooking one or two, I hope you’ll come back to leave a star rating and a comment. I’d love to know what you think and I’d love to hear about your Mother’s Day celebration.
Happy Mother’s Day!