This Asian honey soy chicken has that sweet-salty-spicy flavor profile which I find totally irresistible. Chicken thighs are baked, cut into bite-sized pieces and finished with a quick stir-fry to glaze them in honey-soy-chili deliciousness!The most frequent request I get from my followers is for quick and easy dinner recipes. So here you go. This Asian honey soy chicken recipe is fast and full of great flavor. In 30 minutes you can get dinner on the table, including rice and a simple side, like stir-fried snow peas or sliced cucumber salad.
It's is so irresistibly good I had a hard time photographing it without sneaking tastes.
LET'S MAKE DELICIOUS HONEY SOY CHICKEN!
- The first step in this recipe is to bake the boneless skinless chicken thighs in a 425ºF preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the thighs are baking in the oven you'll have plenty of time to make the honey soy glaze.
- To make the honey soy glaze, whisk up a mixture of honey, soy sauce, water, unseasoned rice vinegar and sesame oil. Simmer the glaze for 10 minutes or so, until it's thickened and deep brown. Add ginger and crushed red pepper flakes.
- When the chicken comes out of the oven, cut it into bite-sized pieces and add it to the skillet with the honey soy mixture.
- Glaze the chicken by stirring and tossing it in the honey soy mixture, until it's coated with delicious honey soy glaze.
SERVE HONEY SOY CHICKEN WITH RICE AND SCALLIONS!
Scoop some rice into a bowl with a generous heap of honey soy chicken on top.
Sprinkle generously with chopped scallions.
WHY I LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It's got the exciting flavor punch of Chinese takeout without all the grease.
- It's a great recipe for the whole family. Bite-sized and boneless chicken means even the fussy eaters are happy.
- I can cook a dinner that everyone loves in a half hour!
If you're craving more delicious dinners on the table fast, here's how to see all the quick and easy recipes on Panning The Globe. Keep clicking on "next page" to see them all
Here are a few of my personal favorite quick and easy family friendly dinner recipes:
- Chinese Orange Chicken (better and healthier than take out)
- Tex-Mex Tortilla Casserole (vegetarian)
- Quick Turkey Ragu (turkey meat sauce that tastes like bolognese)
- Quick Cuban Black Beans (with bacon - serve with rice for a full meal)
- Cuban Picadillo: Ground beef stew (scrumptious!)
Now here's the recipe for Asian honey soy chicken. Please let me know what you think - your comments are greatly appreciated!Print