Here's a recipe with maximum flavor for minimum time in the kitchen. A quick stir fry of ground beef is the centerpiece of this flavor-packed Thai beef rice bowl, ready in 20 minutes.
I love the whole rice bowl concept: a well-composed assortment of wonderful ingredients - a mini personal smorgasbord - all tucked into one little bowl.
Some of my favorite rice bowl recipes, like my salmon teriyaki bowl and my bibimbap bowls, take some time and effort to prepare. They're totally worth it! But it's also great to have this quick and easy beef bowl in the repertoire, with a fried egg as the final crowning touch. Everyday ingredients, easily transformed into an exciting Thai meal.
If you can't find bok choy or it's not your thing, this recipe also works well with Napa cabbage, spinach or kale.
How to make this Thai Beef Rice Bowl
If you have leftover rice on hand, this meal comes together in 20 minutes, all in one pan.
- Make the Sauce: Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl: Sugar, Thai Chile Paste, fish sauce, soy sauce, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Stir-fry the Ground Beef: Heat oil in a large heavy skillet or wok and cook the beef over high heat until it's no longer pink, 2 minutes or so. Add the sauce to the pan and cook for 30-40 seconds more. Transfer the meat mixture to a bowl and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Stir-fry the bok choy for 2 minutes or so and add it to the bowl with the beef.
- Fry the eggs in the same pan.
- Serve: Heat the rice, divide it between four bowls, and top with ground beef, bok choy and a fried egg. If you want more heat, add a splash of Sriracha.
If you're a fan of flavor-packed quick and easy meals, you'll love these recipes too:
- Cuban Picadillo (ground beef stew with tomatoes and olives)
- Quick Turkey Ragu (Delicious meat sauce made with ground turkey)
- Chinese Orange Chicken (As tasty as takeout but healthier)
Here's the Thai Beef Rice Bowl recipe. If you try this, I hope you'll come back and leave a star rating and a comment. I'd love to know what you think.Print