Here’s a recipe with maximum flavor for minimum time in the kitchen. Thai Beef Bok Choy Rice Bowl with an egg on top. YUM! A quick and delicious dinner in 20 minutes.
Here’s a delicious recipe for you with a bright sunny egg on top, that will give you maximum happiness at the dinner table with minimal time in the kitchen!
Ground beef is the nucleus of the dish – with all the intense flavors of soy sauce, sugar, chili paste, and garlic.
The fresh bok choy and rice are healthy and great alongside. The crowning touch is the fried egg on top.
If you want more heat, add a splash of Sriracha.
Here’s the recipe for the Quick Thai Beef Bok Choy Rice Bowl. If you try this, I hope you’ll come back and leave a comment. I’d love to know what you think.Print
Quick Thai Beef Bok Choy Rice Bowl
A quick and easy stir fry with Thai flavors.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Thai
- For the Sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Thai chile paste (I like the Thai Kitchen Roasted Chili Paste)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (low-salt is fine)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 3 medium cloves)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- For the Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons canola or grape seed oil, divided
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 3 small baby bok choy, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- Optional Garnish
- Sriracha hot sauce
- Note: Make the rice ahead or reheat 2 1/2 cups of leftover rice.
- Make the Sauce: Whisk the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook the Stir-Fry: Heat a large cast-iron skillet or wok over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil; swirl to coat. Add the beef to pan. Stir-fry 2 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. At this point I like to briefly remove the pan from the heat, tilt it, and spoon out some of the rendered fat from the pan but this step is optional. Add the sauce to the pan. Stir-fry for 30-40 seconds. Scrape the meat mixture into a bowl and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add bok choy and stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place on plate with beef. Tent with foil.
- Wipe pan clean with a paper towel. Heat remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium heat; swirl to coat. Crack eggs, 1 at a time, into pan; cook 2 minutes. Cover pan, and cook 1 minute longer or until the whites are set and eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Divide rice, beef, and bok choy among 4 bowls. Top each bowl with a fried egg. Serve immediately, garnished with Sriracha, if you like.