Goat cheese and fresh tomatoes make the base of this quick summer pasta sauce. No cooking required. The heat of the pasta releases the juices of the tomatoes and melts the goat cheese, making a rich, creamy, intensely flavorful sauce that includes olives, capers, garlic, lemon juice and fresh basil. You’ll have a perfect summer meal in the time it takes to boil the pasta!
When tomatoes are in season, things get extra exciting in the kitchen. Ripe, red, sweet and juicy, summer cherry tomatoes make an incredible no-cook sauce. Just slice them in half to release their juices and let their natural flavor shine.
And WOW do fresh tomatoes pair well with goat cheese! Add some garlic, kalamata olives, capers, basil, fruity olive oil and fresh lemon juice and you’ve got a fantastic meal!
QUICK SUMMER PASTA WITH NO COOK SAUCE
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Get a big pot of salted water heating on the stove.
- While the water heats up, do your chopping and slicing.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the sauce ingredients: cherry tomatoes, goat cheese, olives, capers, garlic, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- When you’ve got all the sauce ingredients ready, throw the dried pasta in the pot to boil. Angel hair takes just a few minutes to cook so watch it carefully.
TIPS FOR COOKING ANGEL HAIR PASTA
By the way, angel hair is my favorite pasta. How about you? I love how silky it cooks up, perfect for twirling. Dried angel hair is so delicate, it has the feel of fresh pasta.
But one thing I’ve learned about cooking angel hair is you have to stand over the pot while it’s boiling. Angel hair is so thin, it takes only 3 to 4 minutes to cook. And if you let it go too long, it will quickly turn to mush.
Watch the pot, stir occasionally to keep the thin strands from sticking together. Test for doneness after 2 minutes.
Angel hair will continue to cook a little bit, even after you drain it. So test often and as soon it’s tender but still has a little bite, drain it.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and immediately throw it into the bowl with the sauce ingredients. Toss well and let the heat of the pasta melt the goat cheese. The delicate strands of angel hair will quickly absorb all the intense flavors of the sauce.
Divide the fresh summer pasta among four bowls and serve it hot, garnished with more fresh basil.
This is the type of meal I dream about all year long and crave all summer long – big rustic concoctions using the summer’s best seasonal ingredients.
Looking for more summertime recipes featuring tomatoes? Here are some of my favorites:
Here’s the recipe for Quick Summer Pasta with Goat Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes. If you try this recipe I hope you’ll come back to leave a star rating and a comment. I’d love to know what you think!
Quick Summer Pasta with Goat Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes (No-cook sauce)
A super quick and easy recipe for bright summery pasta with flavorful no-cook sauce.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Pasta, Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved (if very large, cut them into quarters)
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons small capers
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oi
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces of angel hair pasta, capellini or thin spaghetti (the thinner the better)
- 5 ounces soft goat cheese at room temperature, from a log or crumbles
- ¾ cup slivered fresh basil leaves, divided
- Set a large pot of salted water on the stove to boil. While it comes to a boil, prepare the sauce ingredients.
- In a large serving bowl combine the tomatoes, olives, capers, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and half the basil. Toss well.
- Cook pasta al dente* which will take just a few minutes so watch carefully.
- As soon as the pasta is tender but still has some bite, drain it in a colander. Then immediately add hot pasta to the bowl with the tomato-goat cheese mixture.
- Using 2 large forks, toss the mixture until thoroughly combined. Divide pasta among 4 bowls. Scoop any remaining sauce ingredients on top. Garnish with remaining basil. Serve hot with fresh cracked pepper on the side.
HOW TO COOK ANGEL HAIR PASTA AL DENTE: Angel hair is very delicate and takes only 3-4 minutes to cook. For best results, stand over the pot, stir from time to time to prevent the delicate strands from sticking together. Test for doneness starting after 2 minutes and every minute thereafter. Angel hair will continue to cook a bit even after you drain it, so as soon as it’s tender but still has some bite, drain it.
Nutrition Information: The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and is not a substitute for a the advice of a professional nutritionist.
Keywords: pasta with no-cook sauce, pasta with fresh tomatoes and goat cheese, quick summer pasta recipe