Shredded raw kale salad with honey, lemon, shallots, olive oil and parmesan. You will not believe how delicious the flavors are in this simple kale salad! It's truly spectacular – one of my all time favorite salads.
School is back in session here in Newton, Massachusetts. The streets are crowded again. So is the grocery store. Everyone is back in town.
I'm not quite in gear yet - I'm still sipping my coffee slowly, and only getting through a leisurely half cup before there's some call to action: can you please make me a smoothie? Have you seen my black belt? Can you drive me to school early? Even the dog is up extra early, giving me that "I'm ready for my walk" look.
It's time to get on the ball, me! The emails are piling up: picture day, back-to-school night, PTO dues....I'll spare you the rest of my long list.
No time to experiment in the kitchen this week. Luckily I have this great recipe up my sleeve that's quick, easy, healthy and delicious: Raw Kale Salad with Honey Lemon and Parmesan Dressing. It's adapted from a Weight Watchers Recipe. My friend Renee brought it to a potluck dinner a few years ago. I loved it and was even more thrilled to learn that it was made from healthy raw kale!
How To Make This Raw Kale Salad
- It's best if you use dark green dinosaur kale, also called cavolo nero or lacinato, which is the perfect texture for this salad, much more tender than curly kale. No need to massage dinosaur kale.
- Wash, stack and sliver the kale leaves
- Whisk up the vinaigrette: honey, lemon juice, grated parmesan cheese, minced shallots, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss the kale with dressing and serve.
- This salad comes together in just 15 minutes.
I hope you love it as much as I do!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Best Green Salad
- Canyon Ranch Shrimp with White Beans and Kale
- North African Chicken Stew with Sweet Potatoes Apricots and Kale
- Portuguese Sausage Kale Potato Soup
- Sweet Potato Brussels Sprout Buddha Bowl with Kale and Vegan Pecan Parmean
- Dutch Stamppot: Kale Mashed Potatoes with Smoky Sausages
- Roasted Squash Stuffed with Roasted Vegetables
Here's the recipe for raw Kale Salad with Honey Lemon and Parmesan. If you try this recipe I hope you'll come back and leave a rating and a comment. I'd love to know what you think.Print