Chipotle carrot hummus is an easy recipe that takes homemade hummus to a new level of deliciousness. Sautéed carrots, garlic and chipotle chili powder are blended with canned chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and olive oil, making a wonderfully flavorful, mildly spice hummus that will be a hit at your next gathering!
I love making appetizers and hors d'oeuvres for company. The first hour or so of a get-together is always an exciting time, abuzz with greetings, everyone happy to reconnect and catch up on each other's lives while sipping wine or a cocktail and nibbling on delicious little delicacies.
This carrot hummus is the perfect nibble because it makes everyone happy and it's light enough to leave them still hungry for dinner.
It also makes the chef happy because it only takes 15 minutes to make and you can prepare it up to two days ahead.
How to make Chipotle Carrot Hummus:
This recipe is made in two simple steps: sauté the carrots and garlic, then puree them with the rest of the ingredients.
- Sauté The Carrots and Garlic: Peel and slice the carrots and the garlic. Sauté the carrots in olive oil for a few minutes. Add the garlic to the pot and cook for another minute.
- Puree All the Ingredients: Transfer the carrots and garlic to the bowl of your food processor. Add chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, water, salt, chipotle chili powder and olive oil. Puree to your desired consistency.
How to Serve Chipotle Carrot Hummus
I always like to find a way to make food look extra tempting.
- With hummus, I suggest you scoop it into a shallow bowl and use the back of a spoon to first smooth it out evenly, and then to make swirly grooves. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil into the grooves. I love the way it looks! It also tastes great, especially if you use good quality olive oil for the drizzling.
- Then sprinkle the hummus with fresh herbs or spices or both. Parsley and mint are always a great choice. For spices, I love using a pinch or two of paprika, Aleppo pepper, Urfa pepper or dried mint.
- Another fun topping is a sprinkling of chickpeas. Save 6 or 7 chickpeas from the can to use as a garnish.
What to serve with carrot hummus
Carrot hummus is great with homemade baked pita chips and/or crudités, to dip. See recipe notes for instructions on how to make homemade baked pita chips.
Set the bowl of hummus out with a basket of pita chips and a plate of crudités nearby.
More great homemade hummus recipes
I have two other delicious homemade hummus recipes on Panning The Globe.
- My favorite classic hummus recipe. This is simple to make and way better than any store-bought hummus.
- Turkish hot layered hummus, a dish I fell in love with in Istanbul. This hummus has a touch of the exotic, and it's always a crowd pleaser. Perfect for parties and potlucks.
Here's the recipe for Chipotle Carrot Hummus. I can't wait for you to try it. Make sure you have lots of good things to dip because, if you're like me, you won't be able to stop. If you make it, I hope you'll come back to leave a star rating and a comment and let me know what you think!Print