This is a fast and flavorful Chinese chicken and vegetable stir fry with noodles, made in just 30 minutes. A whole balanced meal in one wok and always a family favorite in my house.
Here’s how to make This Quick Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry aka 7 Flavor Precious Chicken:
The main ingredients in this dish are chicken, noodles, snow peas, and carrots. The 7 flavors are: soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, scallions, ginger, red pepper flakes.
- Slice the boneless chicken breasts thinly and toss with the 3-ingredient marinade of soy sauce, sesame oil and corn starch. Set aside for ten minutes.
- While the chicken marinates, make the sauce. In a small bowl whisk soy sauce, sesame oil, white vinegar and sugar.
- Slice and dice the veggies. I like to cut the carrots and snow peas into thin, long pieces but feel free chop them, if that’s easier. Slice the scallions thinly, crosswise.
Finely chop or grate the ginger root
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water.
- While the pasta is boiling, get the stir-fry cooking. Heat up the oil in a large skillet or wok. Stir-fry the chicken for about 3 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Add carrots and snow peas to the wok and stir-fry for a minute or so. Add scallions, ginger and red pepper. Stir-fry 1 minute longer.
- Remove the wok from the heat and add the chicken back in. Pour in the sauce.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it and put it in a large bowl
- Heat the chicken and vegetables and sauce until hot. Pour over the pasta, toss and serve.
If you’re a fan of homemade Chinese Food, you might also like to try cooking Chinese Orange Chicken. I think you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to get restaurant quality results at home.
Here’s the recipe for Quick Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry aka 7 Flavor Precious Chicken. If you try this recipe I hope you’ll come back to leave a rating and a comment. I’d love to know what you think!
Quick Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
A quick, easy, flavorful Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry with Noodles. A whole balanced meal the whole family will love.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- Category: Main Couse
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (divided)
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 8 ounces vermicelli, linguini or spaghetti
- Salt, for the pasta water
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 lbs total), thinly sliced (1/4-inch)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1⁄2 pound snow peas, stringed and thinly sliced, lengthwise
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced, crosswise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Marinate the chicken Whisk 1 tablespoon soy sauce, I tablespoon sesame oil and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Toss chicken with marinade. Set aside for 10 minutes or so.
- Make the sauce In a small bowl, mix sugar, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, and 2 tablespoons vinegar. Set aside.
- Cook the Pasta: Cook pasta al dente in salted water, per package instructions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Tent loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Cook the Chicken and Vegetables: While the pasta is boiling, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry for about 3 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate or bowl. Add another tablespoon of oil to the wok. Stir fry carrots and snow peas for a minute or two. Add scallions, ginger and red pepper. Stir-fry 1 minute longer. Remove the wok from the heat. Add chicken and sauce to the wok. Set aside until the pasta is ready.
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained and in a big bowl, set the wok over medium heat. Cook, tossing, until the chicken and vegetables are just heated through. Pour over the pasta and toss. Serve immediately.
Keywords: Weeknight dinner, Chinese, Chicken, noodles