These lime apricot chicken wings are beyond delicious! Lime juice, apricot preserves, garlic and soy sauce meld and caramelize with wings as they cook. They emerge from the oven sweet, tangy and delicious.
Add a generous sprinkle of chopped scallion for absolute perfection. Credit goes to Gourmet, where this recipe originated and Epicurious, from where I discovered and adapted it. I consider it to be one of my recipe treasures.
HOW TO MAKE LIME APRICOT CHICKEN WINGS
You’ll need two large foil pans because the sauce gets sticky and is difficult to remove from an oven tray (trust me, I’ve been there)
In your blender whizz up all the sauce ingredients: soy sauce, apricot preserves, lime juice, sugar and garlic.
Divide the sauce between the two pans. Sprinkle on some crushed red pepper flakes and pop the trays in the oven.
Here’s how they look when they’re done. Yum, right!
According to The National Chicken Council, Super Bowl weekend is by far the biggest time of the year for wings. It is projected that Americans will eat 1.23 billions chicken wings Super Bowl XLVII weekend.
If you’re among the millions making wings for the big game, give these a try. They are extremely easy to prepare and a big crowd pleaser. And they go great with football and beer!
If you’re looking for a few more easy and delicious crowd-pleasing recipes, check out this recipe for Grilled Turkish Kofta Kebabs , this one for Award Winning White Chicken Chili and and this one for Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja
Here’s the recipe for Lime Apricot Chicken Wings. If you try this recipe I hope you’ll come back to leave a rating and comment and let me know what you think.Print
Lime Apricot Chicken Wings
Incredibly delicious, fall-off-the-bone tender chicken wings, oven-baked with soy sauce, lime juice, apricot preserves and garlic. A very easy recipe to cook for a crowd, just ten minutes of prep and into the oven, and everyone goes crazy for them.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 35 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 mins
- Yield: 12-14 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Out of This World
- 8 pounds chicken wings (disjointed, wing tips cut off and set aside for another use)
- 2 large rectangular pans (preferably disposable foil 12 by 16 inches)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 large garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced, to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Divide the chicken wings between the two pans. Put all of the sauce ingredients, except the red pepper flakes, into a blender and puree. Divide the sauce, pouring half into each pan. Toss the chicken wings to coat with sauce. Sprinkle red pepper flakes evenly over chicken, 1 1/2 teaspoons per pan. Toss to combine.
- Cook the chicken in the upper and lower shelves of the oven for 50 minutes. Switch the position of the pans and flip wings over, so they brown on the other side. Cook for another 35-45 minutes – checking often to prevent burning – until the wings are dark and the sauce is thick. Remove trays from oven. Mound wings onto a platter and sprinkle with scallions. Sliced, lightly salted cucumbers make a good accompaniment. Enjoy!