These lime apricot chicken wings are beyond delicious! Oven-baked with soy sauce, lime juice, apricot preserves and garlic, which caramelize with wings as they cook. They emerge from the oven fall-apart-tender, sweet, salty, tangy, sticky, amazing!
Add a generous sprinkle of chopped scallion for absolute perfection.
Credit goes to Gourmet, where this recipe originated and Epicurious, from where I discovered and adapted it. I consider this to be one of my recipe treasures.
HOW TO MAKE LIME APRICOT BAKED CHICKEN WINGS
This recipe is ridiculously easy. All the magic happens in the oven. Just blend up the marinade, pour it over the wings, pop them in the oven and wait.
- Equipment: I recommend cooking these in two large foil pans - foil because the sauce gets sticky and is difficult to remove from an oven tray (trust me, I've been there).
- Make the Sauce: In your blender whizz up the sauce ingredients: soy sauce, apricot preserves, lime juice, sugar and garlic. Pour the sauce over the wings and toss to coat.
- Bake: Sprinkle crushed red pepper over the wings and pop them in the oven.
Here's how they look when they're done. YUM, right?!?
How Many Chicken Wings will be eaten during Super Bowl LIV?
- According to The National Chicken Council, Super Bowl weekend is by far the biggest time of the year for wings consumption.
- It is projected that Americans will eat 1.4 billions chicken wings Super Bowl LIV weekend!
- Americans will eat 2% more wings this year than last year, that's 27 million more wings during this year’s big game!
If you're among the millions making wings for the big game, I hope you give these scrumptious easy baked chicken wings a try.
They are a big crowd pleaser and they're perfect with football and beer.
Other great recipes to feed a crowd
- Eddie's Award Winning Chili
- Award Winning White Chicken Chili
- My Favorite Vegetarian Chili
- Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja
- Grilled Turkish Kofta Kebabs ,
- Slow Cooker Brazilian Feijoada
Here's the recipe for Lime Apricot Baked Chicken Wings. If you try this recipe I hope you'll come back to leave a star rating and comment. I'd love to know what you think?Print
Lime Apricot Baked Chicken Wings
Fall-off-the-bone tender, sweet, salty, sticky, glazed chicken wings. An easy recipe to cook for a big crowd.
From a recipe in Gourmet Magazine
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 35 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 mins
- Yield: 12-14 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven baking
- Cuisine: Out of This World
- 8 pounds chicken wings (disjointed, wing tips cut off and set aside for another use)
- 2 large rectangular pans (preferably disposable foil 12 by 16 inches)
For The Sauce:
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 6 large garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
For The Garnish
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced, to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Divide the chicken wings between the two large foil pans, spreading them out into a single layer.
- Put all of the sauce ingredients, except the red pepper flakes, into a blender and puree. Divide the sauce, pouring half into each pan. Toss to coat. Sprinkle red pepper flakes evenly over chicken, 1 ½ teaspoons per pan. Toss to combine.
- Cook the chicken in the upper and lower shelves of the oven for 50 minutes. Switch the position of the pans and flip wings over. Cook for another 30-45 minutes, checking often to prevent burning, until the wings are darkened and the sauce is thick and sticky. Mound wings onto a platter and sprinkle with scallions. Sliced, lightly salted cucumbers make a good accompaniment. Enjoy!
Keywords: baked chicken wings, easy chicken wings