This Goat Cheese Appetizer is one of those treasured dishes you can throw together in ten minutes and everyone raves. An irresistible combination of tangy goat cheese and garlicky dressing. You don’t always have to work hard to make something amazing!
I call this recipe “Goat Cheese Dressed For A Party.” Goat cheese is taken to a whole new level of deliciousness when it’s dressed with this simple fresh oil, herb and garlic dressing.
It’s great to have a few super simple recipes that are great for entertaining. This is one of my favorites!
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY GOAT CHEESE APPETIZER
You’ll need ten minutes, a log of goat cheese and some fresh parsley. There’s a good chance you have everything else in house.
- Whisk up the dressing: extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, sea salt and chopped parsley.
- Set the goat cheese log on a platter and score it down the middle and crosswise a few times. This will allow some of the dressing to sink in.
- Pour the dressing over the goat log and spread it out evenly, letting some drip down into the slits.
The tangy, creamy goat cheese absorbs the flavors of the fresh garlicky dressing.
The combo of flavors is something else!
HOW TO SERVE IT
- Set out the goat cheese appetizer with a cheese spreader or two.
- Decorate the plate with parsley sprigs, if you want to fancy it up a bit
- Set out a basket of crackers or baguette slices or both
- Be sure to grab yourself a taste right away because if your friends like it as much as mine do, it will disappear quickly!
I make this goat cheese appetizer often, for both casual and fancy occasion. It is always a hit – proof that you don’t always have to work hard to make something great.
IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN MORE CROWE-PLEASING, EASY APPETIZER RECIPES, here are a few other favorites from Panning The Globe:
Here’s the recipe for My Favorite Easy Goat Cheese Appetizer aka Goat Cheese Dressed For A Party. If you make this, I hope you’ll come back and leave a star rating and a comment. I’d love to know what you think!Print
My Favorite Easy Goat Cheese Appetizer: Goat Cheese Dressed For A Party
Goat cheese topped with garlicky dressing, a super tasty, easy appetizer. Serve with baguette slices or crackers.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 8-12 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
- An 11-ounce log of goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, preferably sea salt such as Maldon
- Put the goat cheese log on a serving plate. Score it lengthwise and then a few times crosswise, to open it up a bit.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients and pour over the goat cheese. Best to prepare this a half hour before serving so it softens a bit and absorbs the flavors of the dressing. Serve with crackers or sliced baguette. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information: The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and is not a substitute for a the advice of a professional nutritionist.
Keywords: goat cheese appetizer, easy appetizer with goat cheese
[First published December 2012. Updated with new photos, added nutritional information and tweaks to the written post March 2019]