Tangy, creamy goat cheese absorbs the flavors of this fresh garlicky dressing and is instantly transformed into the most delicious appetizer. Serve it with a basket of baguette slices, crackers or crudités.
Goat cheese is taken to a whole new level of deliciousness when it’s dressed with this simple fresh oil and garlic dressing. I can’t think of a quicker, easier appetizer. When I entertain I love to find recipes like this that are delicious and festive and take almost no time to put together.
You’ll need ten minutes, a log of goat cheese and some fresh parsley. There’s a good chance you have everything else in house. Everyone needs a recipe like this in their repertoire.
HERE’S HOW TO MAKE GOAT CHEESE DRESSED FOR A PARTY
Whisk up a simple dressing of extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, red pepper flakes and fresh chopped parsley.
Set the goat cheese on a platter and score it down the middle and crosswise a few times.
Pour the dressing over and spread it out evenly, letting some drip down into the slits.
Set it out with a cheese spreader and surround it with a basket of crackers or baguette slices. Be sure to grab yourself a taste right away because if your friends like it as much as mine do, it will disappear quickly.
I make this often and it is always a hit – proof that you don’t always have to work hard to make something great.
MORE QUICK AND DELICIOUS APPETIZER RECIPES FROM PANNING THE GLOBE
Here’s the recipe for Goat Cheese Dressed For A Party. If you make this, I hope you’ll come back and leave a comment to let me know what you think!Print
Goat Cheese Dressed For A Party
Tangy, creamy goat cheese absorbs the flavors of this fresh garlicky dressing and is transformed into the most delicious appetizer. Serve with baguette slices or crackers.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 8-12
- Category: Appetizer
- 1 11-ounce log of goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Put the goat cheese log on a serving plate. Score it lengthwise and then a few times crosswise, to open it up a bit.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients and pour over the goat cheese. Best to prepare this a half hour before serving so it softens a bit and absorbs the flavors of the dressing. Serve with crackers or sliced baguette. Enjoy!