This Goat Cheese Appetizer is one of those treasured dishes you can throw together in ten minutes and everyone raves. An irresistible combination of tangy goat cheese and garlicky dressing. You don't always have to work hard to make something amazing!
I call this recipe "Goat Cheese Dressed For A Party." Goat cheese is taken to a whole new level of deliciousness when it's dressed with this simple fresh oil, herb and garlic dressing.
It's great to have a few super simple recipes that are great for entertaining. This is one of my favorites!
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY GOAT CHEESE APPETIZER
You'll need ten minutes, a log of goat cheese and some fresh parsley. There's a good chance you have everything else in house.
- Whisk up the dressing: extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, sea salt and chopped parsley.
- Set the goat cheese log on a platter and score it down the middle and crosswise a few times. This will allow some of the dressing to sink in.
- Pour the dressing over the goat log and spread it out evenly, letting some drip down into the slits.
The tangy, creamy goat cheese absorbs the flavors of the fresh garlicky dressing.
The combo of flavors is something else!
HOW TO SERVE IT
- Set out the goat cheese appetizer with a cheese spreader or two.
- Decorate the plate with parsley sprigs, if you want to fancy it up a bit
- Set out a basket of crackers or baguette slices or both
- Be sure to grab yourself a taste right away because if your friends like it as much as mine do, it will disappear quickly!
I make this goat cheese appetizer often, for both casual and fancy occasion. It is always a hit - proof that you don't always have to work hard to make something great.
IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN MORE CROWE-PLEASING, EASY APPETIZER RECIPES, here are a few other favorites from Panning The Globe:
- Smoked Salmon Tartar
- Grilled Figs, Prosciutto and Burrata
- Chipotle Carrot Hummus
- Broiled Feta and Cherry Tomatoes
Here's the recipe for My Favorite Easy Goat Cheese Appetizer aka Goat Cheese Dressed For A Party. If you make this, I hope you'll come back and leave a star rating and a comment. I'd love to know what you think!Print
My Favorite Easy Goat Cheese Appetizer: Goat Cheese Dressed For A Party
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 8-12 1x
Goat cheese topped with garlicky dressing, a super tasty, easy appetizer. Serve with baguette slices or crackers.
- An 11-ounce log of goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt, preferably sea salt such as Maldon
- Put the goat cheese log on a serving plate. Score it lengthwise and then a few times crosswise, to open it up a bit.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients and pour over the goat cheese. Best to prepare this a half hour before serving so it softens a bit and absorbs the flavors of the dressing. Serve with crackers or sliced baguette. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information: The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and is not a substitute for a the advice of a professional nutritionist.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: goat cheese appetizer, easy appetizer with goat cheese
[First published December 2012. Updated with new photos, added nutritional information and tweaks to the written post March 2019]
This was easy and delicious! Made it twice over the Christmas holiday and got raves from everyone! Thank you.
I'm so glad! Thanks for letting me know!
This is incredibly easy to make and it's a definite crowd-pleaser. So tasty! I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't love it. I'll make this whenever I need a last-minute appetizer.
Ack! Just realized I have no garlic - okay without? Guest arriving in 45 minutes!
Yes it will still be delicious! But if you have a shallot or some chives to chop finely, those would be a great substitute for the garlic. Even a finely chopped red onion or scallion would do. You can even whisk in a pinch or two of garlic powder if you have it. I hope you have a great evening!!
Mmmmm delicious! Loved it exactly as written. Very yummy with Triscuits crackers. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Do you need to bake the bread or can you just cut it up and serve as is?
If the bread is fresh and a good consistency, I generally just cut it up and serve it as is. If not, I suggest you cut it up, spread it out on a rimmed baking sheet, and toast it in the oven to crisp it up a bit.
Thank you Lisa, I am having a pool party and think this will be an easy and tasty appetizer
I hope you and your guests enjoy it! By the way, I sometime include endive spears for those who can't eat gluten. They're delicious with the cheese!
This is YUMMY - and easy.