ARUGULA PESTO WITH PISTACHIOS AND LEMON
Ingredients for Arugula Pesto
Here's what you need to make arugula pesto - these 6 main ingredients plus salt, to taste.
- Arugula - I love using boxed or bagged organic baby arugula because It's triple washed and ready to go. This recipe calls for 7 ounces of arugula which is 1 ½ of those bags or boxes.
- Fresh Lemon Juice - Fresh squeezed is always best but if you want to save time and used bottled lemon juice, my favorite is Santa Cruz Organic Pure Lemon Juice.
- Garlic - Garlic is classic pesto ingredient. No need to finely mince the garlic here. A rough chop will do, as you will be pureeing it in the food processor.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - A good amount of olive oil is needed to give the pesto its creamy consistency. Try to avoid using an intensely flavored olive oil. You want to allow the flavor of the arugula to shine through.
- Toasted Pistachio Nuts - Toasting raw pistachios is easy, but it's even easier if you don't have to. I've used these shelled roasted pistachio nuts and they work really well. If you find roasted pistachios that are salted, simply cut back a bit on the salt in the recipe.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese - Good quality parmesan is important when you're making pesto. Parmigiana Reggiano is my favorite.
HOW TO MAKE ARUGULA PESTO
Here's an overview of how to do it. Find the full instructions in the recipe card below.
- Start by pulsing the toasted pistachios, garlic and salt in the food processor, until they are finely chopped.
- Next add the arugula and pulse into a smooth paste.
- Then, with the motor of the food processor running, add the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and stir in the parmesan cheese.
You made arugula pesto!
THE EASIEST PESTO
Here's the arugula pesto recipe. If you make this I hope you'll come back to leave a star rating and a comment. I'd love to know what you think!Print