LIME APRICOT CHICKEN WINGS
Soy sauce, lime juice, apricot preserves and garlic flavor these sticky delicious chicken wings.
Author: Panning The Globe, adapted from Epicurious
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 8 pounds chicken wings (disjointed, wing tips cut off and set aside for another use)
- 2 large rectangular pans (preferably disposable foil 12 by 16 inches)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 6 large garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced, to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Divide the chicken wings between the two pans. Put all of the sauce ingredients, except the red pepper flakes, into a blender and puree. Divide the sauce, pouring half into each pan. Toss the chicken wings to coat with sauce. Sprinkle red pepper flakes evenly over chicken, 1½ teaspoons per pan. Toss to combine. Cook the chicken in the upper and lower shelves of the oven for 50 minutes. Switch the position of the pans and flip wings over, so they brown on the other side. Cook for another 35-45 minutes, until the wings are dark and the sauce is thick. Remove trays from oven. Mound on a platter and sprinkle with scallions. Sliced cucumbers would be a good accompaniment. Enjoy!