This delicious healthy granola is a cinch to throw together and it will keep for 2 weeks. It's wonderful to have a big batch of this on hand for breakfast and snacking.
- 5 cups rolled oats (for gluten free granola, use gluten free oats)
- 1 cup unsalted almonds
- 1 cup walnuts (whole, or halves and pieces)
- 1 cup pecans (whole or halves and pieces)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (or substitute 1/3 cup ground flax seed, or use both)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened or melted in the microwave
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Set one oven rack towards the top of the oven and one towards the bottom. Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC
- Toss all the ingredients together in a big bowl, using your hands if need be, to mix it thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture between two rimmed baking sheets, spreading it out into a single layer. Cook for 15 minutes. Switch the position of the baking sheets and cook for 5-10 minutes more. (See notes below for more on cooking times)
- Let the granola cool completely on the baking sheets. Store in airtight glass jars or plastic containers. Granola will keep for 2 weeks.
How long to cook granola: I like to cook my granola until it gets dark golden brown and crunchy. The nuts are especially good when they're well toasted. If you prefer your granola lighter and less toasted, cook it for a total of 20 minutes rather than 25. Some ovens run hot so be sure to check for doneness after 20 minutes, to prevent burning.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Quick easy homemade granola with oats, nuts and maple syrup