An easy recipe for a sheet pan dinner of spice-crusted roasted pork, potatoes, tomatoes, shallots and broccoli.
Rub For the Pork:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin, trimmed (about 1 1/2 pounds)
For the Potatoes and Vegetables:
- 6 medium red-skinned potatoes (1 1/2 pounds), cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 5-6 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 container of cherry tomatoes (1 1/2 - 2 cups)
- 6 cups broccoli florets (from 1 large crown or 2 small)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Marinate the Pork: Preheat oven to 425ºF. Mix spices together in a small bowl. Place the pork on a plate and spoon olive oil over it. Roll it around to coat. Sprinkle the spice mix evenly over pork and rub it in gently with your fingers. Let it marinate at room temp for 1/2 hour. (or you can do this ahead and keep it in the fridge for up to 4 hours. Let it come to room temp for 1/2 hour before cooking)
- Prepare Potatoes and Vegetables: Put potatoes, tomatoes, broccoli and shallots into a large bowl. Pour olive oil over veggies and sprinkle salt on. Toss. Spread onto a baking sheet with edges, into a single layer, making sure potato slices are separated. Set aside.
- Sear the Pork and Roast Everything: Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat in a large heavy skillet. Sear and brown the pork on all sides, for a total of about 5 minutes. Make some room on the sheet pan to slide the pork in between the veggies. Put the pan in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. (Pork should have an internal temp of 145ºF) Transfer pork to a plate and tent with foil and let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Give the potatoes and veggies a toss and let them cook for 10-12 minutes longer, until the are tender and starting to brown.
- To Serve: Slice the pork and serve it with the potatoes and vegetables.
- Accompaniments: Serve with Spanish Romesco Sauce on the side, if you like. Or, if you like, toss veggies with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce before serving. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: Sheet Pan pork potatoes and vegetables, sheet pan dinner, Spanish style pork with potatoes and vegetables