Delicious, fresh, eggplant dip. Serve with pita, crackers or tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium sized eggplant (1 pound)
- 1 ripe tomato, cored, halved, and sliced thin
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- To Serve
- Pita bread, cut into triangles.
- Dressing Whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper until emulsified. Set aside.
- Roast the Eggplant Preheat oven to 400ºF. Pierce the eggplant several times with a fork. place it on a jellyroll pan and bake it for 45 minutes in the center of the oven until it is cooked through and the skin is wrinkly. Transfer the eggplant to a work surface and cool for 10 minutes. Slice eggplant in half lengthwise and peel off the skin. Chop the flesh roughly and transfer to a bowl. Add the tomato, onion, and dressing. Toss gently to combine.
- Serve with pita triangles or tortilla chips.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Out of this World
Keywords: eggplant caviar, roasted eggplant dip