Quick and delicious baked chicken with two cheeses, fresh tomatoes and herbs
Adapted from a Slow Cooking Positano recipe
- Cooking oil or spray, to coat the baking pan
- 6 4-ounce chicken breast cutlets. Cutlets should be about 1/3-inch thick.
- 3/4 cup gorgonzola crumbles (3 ounces)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
- 5-6 ripe plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice. (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and set a rack in the center position. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan. Arrange the chicken cutlets in the pan, spaced evenly apart.
- Heat the gorgonzola with 2 teaspoons of water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the cheese is melted and creamy. Remove from heat and let it cool for 5 minutes or so. If necessary, whisk a teaspoon or two of water into the gorgonzola mixture. It should be thin enough to spread over the chicken but thick enough that it won't drip off. Divide the melted cheese among the chicken cutlets, spreading it with the back of the spoon. Sprinkle the mozzarella evenly over the top of each breast, next add the chopped tomatoes, then the oregano and salt. Drizzle the 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 10 minutes at 375º and then turn the heat up to broil and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes longer, checking every minute, until the cheese is brown and bubbly in spots and the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 12 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Baked chicken cutlets with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and gorgonzola