A delicious, quick and easy zucchini side dish that goes with practically everything.
- 2 pounds zucchini, washed, ends trimmed (4 medium zucchinis)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or butter)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallot (2-3 shallots, depending on size)
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Optional Toppings:
- Freshly grated imported parmesan cheese (I recommend Parmigiana Reggiano)
- Fresh slivered basil leaves
- Fresh slivered mint leaves
- Grate the zucchini The quickest and easiest method is to use the grating attachment on your food processor. Or you can use the large holes in a box grater.
- Transfer the zucchini to colander. Toss with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Leave for 2-3 minutes. Squeeze zucchini in a clean dish towel to draw out the excess liquid. You may have to do this in batches.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet until hot. Add shallots and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add zucchini. Cook, tossing often, for 3-5 minutes, until zucchini is just tender. Season with pepper. Serve hot.
- Stir in a tablespoon or two of fresh herbs, if you like.
- Top with a generous sprinkling of freshly grated parmesan, if you like.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Zucchini Side dish, sautéed shredded zucchini