Deliciously spiced, moist pumpkin bread made with almond flour, pure pumpkin, eggs, maple syrup and spices.
- 1 ½ cups almond flour (from ground blanched almonds)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (freshly ground is best)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup pure canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped*
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or cherries
- Place a rack in the center of your oven. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly oil an 8×4-inch loaf pan. Line the pan with sheet of parchment paper that's as wide as the length of the pan and long enough to overhang the sides of the pan by an inch or so. (see photos in post) You'll use the paper to lift the bread out of the pan. Lightly oil the paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together the dry ingredients: almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and cardamom in a medium bowl. In a separate larger bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the pumpkin, maple syrup and vanilla and whisk to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Gently fold in nuts and cranberries.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan, set on a wire rack for 20 minutes or so. Run a knife around the inside edge of the pan. Gently lift out the bread with the overhanging parchment 'handles.' When bread has fully cooled, slice and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or wrap tightly in plastic and freeze for up to a month.
* Toast pecans in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until lightly colored. Watch carefully and reduce the heat if they start to brown too quickly.
Nutrition Information: The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and is not a substitute for the advice of a professional nutritionist.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Category: bread
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Healthy, Gluten-free, Pumpkin, Bread