A great Guacamole recipe, perfect for dipping tortilla chips or for serving with chili, fajitas and many other Mexican foods.
- 5 perfectly ripe Haas Avocados
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled and pressed or finely diced and mashed with a pinch of salt, using the curved part of a fork.
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- *Fresh salsa add-ins
- 1 small ripe tomato chopped fine
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 bunch or finely chopped cilantro (or to taste)
- Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pit and score the flesh and scoop it into a bowl. Mix the lemon or lime juice in right away to prevent browning. Mash with a fork or a masher to your desired consistency. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
- Good quality store-bought salsa is a great substitute for the fresh chopped ingredients. Use 2-3 tablespoons of salsa or to taste. This works extremely well and is especially helpful when good fresh tomatoes aren't available. You can still add extra onion garlic and cilantro, if you like.
- Nutrition Information: The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and is not a substitute for a the advice of a professional nutritionist.
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: Mexican