Delicious crunchy nutty almond cookies that are made mostly from healthy almonds. Naturally gluten free and dairy free.
- 2 cups blanched slivered almonds
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 24 roasted salted almonds to top cookies (or use any type of almond you like)
- Set an oven rack in the center position. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Put almonds in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade. Process for 15-20 seconds or until they are finely ground. Add the sugar, egg, lemon and salt to the bowl of the food processor and pulse 20-25 times, until the mixture becomes sticky and holds together.
- Make 24 dough balls. Pull out about a tablespoon of dough at a time. Squeeze it and roll it. Spread balls out evenly on prepared baking sheet. Press a whole roasted almond down into the center of each cookie.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 16 minutes. Cool cookies on pan for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 16 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: almond cookies, gluten free cookies