Crisp and creamy coleslaw with a smokey spicy kick. Perfect with pulled pork sandwiches, sliders, grilled meat, chicken or fish. Adds excitement to any sandwich.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt (or substitute sour cream)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 chipotle chili (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce) sliced open, seeds removed, finely minced.
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from the can of chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups, packed, shredded green cabbage (about 1/2 small cabbage)
- 6 cups, packed, shredded red cabbage (about 1/2 small cabbage)
- 1 bunch scallions (6-7) ends trimmed and thinly sliced, crosswise
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves, finely chopped *reserve a few stems of cilantro for garnishing, if you like
- Make The Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk mayo, yogurt, vinegar, sugar, chili, adobo sauce, and salt. Set aside.
- Make The Slaw: In a large bowl, combine cabbages, scallions and cilantro. Toss with dressing. Chill slaw for at least 30 minutes, and up to three hours, before serving. Garnish with sprigs of cilantro and serve.
Storage: Slaw will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days but will lose some of its crunch over time.
Nutrition Information: The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and is not a substitute for a the advice of a professional nutritionist.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade coleslaw, creamy coleslaw with chipotle chilies, shredded cabbage salad