A vibrant Argentinean dressing transforms fresh broccoli into a fabulous side dish. And it takes only 20 minutes to prepare.
- For The Broccoli:
- 2 1/2 pounds broccoli (three heads), cut into bite-sized florets (Save the thick stems for soup or another recipe)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more, to taste
- For The Chimichurri Dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced (2 teaspoons minced garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Blanch the Broccoli: Fill a large bowl with ice water and set it aside. Bring a large pot of salted water (1 teaspoons of salt) to a boil. Add broccoli florets. Once the water returns to a boil (2 minutes or so), let the broccoli cook for another minute or two, until it's bright green and crisp-tender. Drain and immediately transfer broccoli to the ice water to stop the cooking process. Once it's cold, drain it well.
- Make The Chimichurri Dressing: Mix all the ingredients together and whisk or shake to combine. Pour dressing over broccoli and toss well. Season, to taste, with salt.
- Serve chimichurri broccoli chilled or at room temperature, as a side dish or salad. You can make it ahead and keep it, covered, in the fridge, for up to three hours.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 4 mins
- Category: Salad, side dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Argentinean
Keywords: Broccoli salad, broccoli side dish