Healthy creamy shredded chicken salad with vibrant flavors, made with avocado, vegetables and herbs, no mayo or dairy.
- 2 ½ cups cooked shredded chicken breast or 1 pound of boneless chicken, poached. Here's how to make perfect poached chicken)
- 2 perfectly ripe Haas avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice (or more to taste)
- ½ red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- ½ jalapeño pepper, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped (or more, to taste)
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic (2 medium cloves)
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or to taste
- In a large bowl mash the avocado with the lime juice. Add the rest of the ingredients: chicken, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and store in the fridge until you're ready to eat.
- It's best to serve this the same day you make it. You can store it in the fridge overnight and It will still be delicious the next day, but it might lose some of its lovely green color.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Category: Main Dish, Salad
- Method: Use cooked chicken or poach
- Cuisine: Venezuelan
Keywords: chicken avocado salad, no-mayo chicken salad with avocado, chicken salad with avocado dressing