For The Potatoes:
- 3 pounds of small, firm, potatoes of assorted colors (Yukon golds, purple, red creamers, white creamers, fingerlings…), lightly scrubbed and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoon Za’atar spice, divided
- 2 teaspoons Aleppo pepper (or Maras pepper or mix 1 teaspoon sweet paprika with 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more, to taste
- 1 lemon, washed and cut into very thin (1/8-inch) slices, slices halved.
For The Tahini Sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 3–5 tablespoons water
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled and pressed (through a garlic press)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Garnish (optional)
- 1–2 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley and a few parsley sprigs, optional garnish