A fragrant spice blend for rubbing on beef, chicken, fish or vegetables and for seasoning soups, stews, and marinades.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt or fine sea salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix all the spices together. Store in an airtight container in your spice cabinet.
- NOTE: For an even more spectacular flavor, toast and grind cumin seeds and coriander seeds before adding them to the mix and use freshly grated nutmeg.
- NOTE: If you're on a low-salt diet or if you prefer to salt your dish, to taste, you can omit the salt from this mix.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Spice
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: North African
Keywords: Moroccan spice mix, Ras El Hanout,