Bright in color and flavor: a fresh salad of shredded carrots, dressed with olive oil, lemon juice and Moroccan spices. A healthy side dish that goes with everything.
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and shredded in a food processor.
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley plus a few sprigs for garnishing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 1/2 lemons)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Parsley sprigs to garnish
- Put shredded carrots and chopped parsley in a large bowl
- Make dressing Whisk lemon juice and spices. Keep whisking while slowly adding the olive oil to emulsify the ingredients.
- Toss dressing with shredded carrots and parsley. Chill for an hour in the fridge and let flavors merge. Enjoy!
- Note: This salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for several days.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: Morrocan
Keywords: shredded carrot salad, raw carrots, carrot side dish