A salad of chickpeas and fresh vegetables with feta, herbs and lemon vinaigrette. Lovely as a side dish or vegetarian main dish.
For The Dressing
- 5 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 ½ - 2 lemons)
- ½ of a small garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
For The Salad
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 12-ounces sweet ripe cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 hothouse cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeds scraped out, cut into ½-inch dice
- 4 ounces of good quality feta cheese cut into ½-inch dice
- ½ of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves plus a few whole leaves or springs to garnish
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
Make The Dressing
- Combine lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly pour in oil while whisking, until the dressing is emulsified. Set aside.
Make The Salad
- In a large bowl combine chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, feta, mint and basil. Toss gently with dressing. Correct seasoning with additional salt and pepper, if need be. For maximum flavor allow the dressed salad to sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving. Give it one final toss and serve.
Nutrition Information: The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and is not a substitute for a the advice of a professional nutritionist.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: chickpea salad, Mediterranean salad with chickpeas, Vegetarian chickpea salad