Limy, minty, refreshing frozen Mojitos are great for a party. You can make them ahead and they get even frostier in the freezer!
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of simple syrup or agave nectar (to make simple syrup, heat equal parts sugar and water until sugar melts. Cool.)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice (4-5 juicy limes)
- 12-14 mint leaves plus extra leaves or sprigs for garnish
- 4 ounces chilled white rum (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups of ice
- Optional garnish Lime slices (squeeze into your drink if you like it extra limey)
- Combine simple syrup or agave nectar with lime juice and mint in a blender. Pulse several times to combine. Add ice and rum and pulse until ice is finely crushed and mint is chopped into tiny flecks, giving the drink a light green hue. Pour into 2 glasses and garnish with mint sprigs and slices of lime. Enjoy!
- Note: to make them extra frosty, prepare them an hour or two ahead and store them in the freezer in airtight containers. Stir well and scoop into glasses and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: cocktail
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican