French deviled eggs Mimosa are stuffed with flavorful tuna and egg salad and sprinkled with finely chopped egg yolks for a bright mimosa-flower finishing touch.
- 6 large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1 7-ounce can of Italian tuna packed in olive oil, drained.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, or more to taste (I use Hellmann's)
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon mustard such as Grey Poupon
- 1/4 teaspoon of red or white wine vinegar, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4-5 green onions, minced (about 4 tablespoons) or substitute an equal amount of red onion or shallot.
- Optional Garnish:
- Snipped chives
- Sliced pimientos
- Chopped olives
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise with a sharp knife. Carefully remove the yolks. Try turning the egg so the yolk is facing down and give the white a gentle squeeze on either side of the yolk, and the yolk will hopefully pop right out. If not, use a spoon or a small knife to ease the yolk out.
- In a large bowl combine half of the egg yolks with the tuna, mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and green onions. Break up the tuna and mash everything together well until the mixture is the texture you desire. If you want it a bit more creamy, add a touch more mayo.
- Lay all dozen egg white halves out on a tray or work surface. Stuff generously with filling. Just before serving, arrange on a platter, season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Finely chop the remaining yolks and sprinkle them over the stuffed eggs. Add garnishes of your choice.
Prepare this ahead of time: If you want to make the entire recipe ahead, I suggest you do it up to three hours before serving and keep the eggs mimosa covered in the fridge until about a half hour before serving. Hold off on the topping until right before serving, for a fresh-looking presentation.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: boil
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: Deviled eggs stuffed with tuna and egg salad