This healthy colorful salad with fresh corn, cherry tomatoes and avocados is the perfect summer salad for a barbecue, picnic or dinner party.
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 medium garlic clove, minced (1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt or more, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- FOR THE SALAD
- 3 ears of fresh corn, husked
- 1 pint of ripe cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 of a hothouse (English) cucumber, cut into quarters lengthwise, then sliced crosswise into bite-sized pieces.
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, halved, seeds and ribs removed, finely diced
- 2 ripe Haas avocados, cut into 1-inch cubes (save this step for last to prevent discoloration)
- To make the dressing, whisk the lime juice, garlic salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking, until emulsified.
- Boil the corn in salted water for 4 minutes or so, until tender. When cool enough to handle, strip the kernels off the cob.
- In a large bowl combine corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion and jalapeños. Toss with the dressing. Slice and add the avocados last to prevent browning. Toss to combine. Correct seasoning with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- The salad is best served fresh but it will keep in the fridge, covered, for a few hours and will still be delicious.
Nutrition Information: The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and is not a substitute for a the advice of a professional nutritionist.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 4 mins
- Category: salad, side dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: summer salad with corn, tomatoes and avocados