A scrumptious rustic one-pan chicken and vegetables meal that comes together quickly.
- 1½ tablespoons paprika (sweet or Hungarian)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or garlic granules
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt plus more, to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 2 large red or yellow bell peppers or one of each, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 pound of baby potatoes, cut into ¼ to ⅓-inch thick slices
- 4 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 1 dry pint of cherry tomatoes, on or off the vine (15-20 cherry tomatoes)
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into ½-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
Equipment: A large baking pan or rimmed sheet pan.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF Set oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Combine the spices in a small bowl: 1½ tbs paprika, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine everything else: chicken, peppers, potatoes, garlic, olives, tomatoes, zucchini and olive oil. Sprinkle spice mix evenly over everything and toss well to fully combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a large baking pan or sheet pan and spread out the chicken and vegetables as much as possible, making sure the chicken pieces have nothing on top of them. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with the remaining ½ teaspoon of pepper and a few pinches of salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Toss the potatoes and vegetables. Turn the chicken over to moisten with the juices in the bottom of the pan. Close the oven and continue to cook everything for 10-20 minutes longer, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through and the vegetables are done to your liking. If the chicken is done before the vegetables, transfer it to a platter and tent with foil and continue to cook the vegetables until they're tender and done to your liking.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Category: dinner, one-pan
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Portuguese, Mediterranean
Keywords: roasted chicken thighs with vegetables, Chicken and vegetables one-pan dinner, roasted boneless chicken thighs with vegetables